4515005 – Free Aero Race Bib Shorts
Castelli have improved immensely on every aspect of the Free Aero Race Bib Short; performance and comfort has been evaluated obsessively in pursuit of the higher benchmark with the Progetto X2 seat pad and a design engineered for professionals.
Comfort - The Progetto X2 Seat Pad
Supreme comfort technology has been installed in the updated Progetto X2 seat pad, crafted specifically to fit 3 essential criteria of comfort:
- Skin care: A four-way stretch, microdenier, seamless, bacteriostatic layer made to adapt to the shape of your body and saddle without any folds in the fabric.
- Seamless integrated cushioning: Multi-density foam with variable thickness. The thickness of the pad is engineered to position the padding where you need it most for maximum comfort.
- Adhesive comfort: Perforated viscous padding is added under the highly sensitive ishial and perineum pressure areas to consistently support posture.
The innovative double V construction on the front keeps everything in place without compressing your stomach while a new Carré yoke prevents the straps from deviating.
Castelli analysed blood flow, ensuring muscle support without constriction. The Giro Air leg band is definitely more flexible and distributes the compression evenly. The body of the short uses 30% Lycra® for maximum feedback. Aerodynamics was also keenly evaluated, optimizing boundary-layer airflow with the Giro Air leg band and the dimples on the side fabric.
- Vortex dimpled fabric on legs for exceptional aerodynamics
- Forza fabric on inner thigh with 30% Lycra® content
- Carré engineered lie-flat bib strap construction for minimal coverage, maximum comfort
- Giro Air mesh-like leg gripper elastic for better compression distributed over larger area
- Doppio V construction in front for increased support and comfort
- Flat-lock stitching
- Rear reflective detailing
- New improved Progetto X2 Air seat pad for greater comfort and improved airflow
Write Your Own Review